First Impressions Are Everything!
By putting away knick-knacks and personal belongings you’ll help the buyers’ imagine themselves living in your home, which is an ideal way to set a positive tone for the walkthrough. Organizing your closets, making sure the kitchen is spotless, and generally eliminating clutter will insure the house “shows” better, and will keep a bad impression from ruining a potential sale. Storing unnecessary furniture is an easy way to make rooms seem larger and more inviting.
A clean, uncluttered home is much more attractive than the alternative.
No one wants to visit a disorganized, dirty home, if for no other reason than it will create an impression that the house is not well maintained. Following some simple guidelines will go a long way towards generating offers.
- Insure the kitchen sink is free of dishes
- Clear countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Put unused items in a closet or cabinet
- Keep laundry piles to a minimum
- Store, sell or otherwise dispose of any items that you don’t plan on moving
- Arrange storage areas neatly (Buyers will look inside!)
- Put away lawn equipment and gardening tools
- Neatly arrange outdoor items such as firewood or furniture